P3 Culturally Unique Program
P3 Artist or Entertainer Coming to Be Part of a Culturally Unique Program
A foreign national who is coming temporarily to perform, teach or coach as artists or entertainers, individually or as part of a group, under a program that is culturally unique need to apply for P-3 visa.
The purpose of the stay is developing, interpreting, representing, coaching, or teaching a unique or traditional ethnic, folk, cultural, musical, theatrical, or artistic performance or presentation. In addition, the foreign national must be coming to the United States to participate in a cultural event or events which will further the understanding or development of your art form. The program may be of a commercial or noncommercial nature.
The U.S. employer or sponsoring organization must submit the petition including the following documents:
- Written consultation from an appropriate labor organization
- A copy of the contract between the employer and the foreign national or the summary of the terms of an oral agreement between the employer and the foreign national
- An explanation of the event and itinerary
- Affidavits, testimonials or letters from recognized experts attesting to the authenticity of the foreign national or the group’s skills in performing, presenting, coaching or teaching the unique and traditional art forms and giving the credentials of the expert including the basis of his knowledge of the foreign national or the group’s skills; OR documentation that the foreign national or the group’s performance is culturally unique as evidenced by reviews in newspapers, journals or other published materials.
- Documentation that all of the performances or presentations will be culturally unique events
Initial period of stay is limited to the completion of the event, competition or performance, not to exceed one (1) year. Extensions of stay are limited to increments of up to a year.