P2 Reciprocal Exchange Program

P2 Individual Performer or Part of a Group Entering to Perform Under a Reciprocal Exchange Program

If you are coming temporarily to perform as an artist or entertainer, individually or as part of a group, who will perform under a reciprocal exchange program between an organization in the United States and an organization in another country you need to apply for P-2 visa.

A foreign national must be an artist entering the United States through a government recognized reciprocal exchange program. In addition, the foreign national must possess skills comparable to those of the United States artists and entertainers taking part in the program outside the United States.

To qualify for a P-2 Visa, a sponsoring labor organization in the United States, or your U.S. employer must file a petition including the following documents:

  • Written consultation by an appropriate labor organization
  • Copy of the formal reciprocal exchange agreement between the sponsoring U.S. organization(s) and the organization(s) in a foreign country which will receive the United States artist or entertainer
  • Statement from the sponsoring organization describing the reciprocal exchange of United States artists or entertainers as it relates to the specific petition for which classification is sought
  • Evidence that a foreign national and the U.S. artist or entertainer subject to the reciprocal exchange agreement are artists with comparable skills and that the terms and conditions of employment are similar
  • Evidence that an appropriate labor organization in the United States was involved in negotiating, or has concurred with, the reciprocal exchange of U.S. and foreign artists or entertainers
  • If the events or performances will take place in multiple areas, an itinerary must be included. The itinerary must list the dates and locations of the events.

Initial period of stay is limited to the completion of the event, competition or performance, not to exceed one (1) year. Extensions of stay are limited to increments of up to a year.